Chi H. Bui, DMD, MS
Orthodontics for Children and Adults
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
University of North Carolina
18121 Magnolia St. (at Talbert)
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Did you know?
- The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children get a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
- Today it takes 10 or more years to become an orthodontist. An orthodontist completes college requirements, followed by 3-5 years of dental school. Then comes a minimum 2 years of post-doctorate study at a university-based orthodontic program accredited by the American Dental Association. There are only 67 accredited orthodontic programs in the U.S. and Canada.
- Having braces means you have to take extra special care of your teeth. Food can get trapped around your braces, and if not cleaned properly can lead to cavities.
Welcome to our practice!
Dr. Chi Bui, Orthodontist, Board-certified
Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
Member, American Association of Orthodontists
Preferred Provider, Invisalign
Our orthodontic team is committed to providing the very best treatment in a caring and professional environment. It is important to us that during each and every appointment Dr. Bui provides you with personal attention throughout your orthodontic treatment. We believe that this philosophy contributes to our shorter treatment plans and quality results.
In addition to clear and traditional metal braces, our adult-friendly office offers invisible options to straighten teeth such as lingual braces and Invisalign.
To help make your ideal smile a reality, we will be happy to work with your dental insurance and to provide you with a variety of affordable payment options.
Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.
We look forward to meeting you. We’ll give you a reason to
Is this your first visit?
2. "Like" our office on Facebook:
3. Check out The Latest Buzz, our blog where we post exciting office news, interesting articles, photos of patients, braces-friendly recipes, tips and tidbits for your health, and more!
4. Follow our office on Twitter to read about team member Stephanie's up-to-date experience with braces. Stephanie has been an assistant in Dr. Bui's office since 2007 and is currently undergoing orthodontic treatment with traditional metal braces.
Ortho Myths & Facts
- MYTH: Orthodontists are appropriate only for the most challenging and complex orthodontic cases.
FACT: Orthodontists recognize the difference between a simple case and a complex one. And when a case is challenging, orthodontists know what to do.
- MYTH: My family dentist says he can straighten my teeth.
FACT: An orthodontist has 2-3 years of specialized training beyond dental school and is a specialist at straightening teeth and insuring proper form and function. A dentist may see a handful of cases a year amid drilling and filling. An orthodontist only practices orthodontics and treats hundreds of patients.
- MYTH: Orthodontists charge more than general dentists for orthodontic treatment.
FACT: It's not the same work. The value in seeing an orthodontist for treatment is that the orthodontist is an expert, highly experienced and understands form, function and a wonderful smile.
See these and more Myths & Facts at The American Association of Orthodontists website.